Friday, July 14, 2006

Mortified. (môrt'-te-fid') verb, past tense

1. Working at the Windmill, one quickly becomes accustomed to drinking Tim Horton’s coffees brought in by customers. This morning was no exception; with my coffee in one hand, I was helping out a customer when I moved to the other side of the counter to point something out. Having a dry mouth, I took a swig of coffee, choked on the strong bitter stuff, and simultaneously realized that it was not my coffee at all! The customer chuckled even as he pocketed the replacement $1.30 I offered and proceeded to finish “my” coffee off...

9 comments:

Gloria said...

*laughing* Sorry I couldn't help but laugh.

Mark said...

by "strong bitter stuff" I'm sure you mean real coffee :)

Crystal said...

What is the windmill? funny story :-)

Ruth said...

Mark, I put that in there specifically for your benefit :) Crystal, the Windmill is my place of work; it's a small engines/ repair shop... never a dull moment there!

Kayla DeWaard said...

eww! germs! :P :)

Mike said...

If you are to drink coffee, black is the best.

Gloria said...

coffee is gross no matter how you drink it. My opinion of course.

Crystal said...

Thank you Ruth. Somehow I didn't picture you the type to work at a repair shop but I think it's cool. Its the kind of place I have wished I worked at sometimes.

Anonymous said...

hhaaaha Ruth, that's hilarious!

my first time on your blog, i'm impressed :) some interesting posts :)

what a cousin. I love you!

Louise