There’ll even be a little time at the end for a quick, adventure-filled scamper around Europe. Of course, teaching English to children who enjoy having "salutary conversations" will be an adventure all of itself. (Dariel is the salutary young man: at 10 years old, he’s using English words I have to look up! Now Paul, who’s 2 and knows the letter "A", he’s more at our level :) We’re definitely looking forward to it!
If you have any questions, I’ll answer them by message/ email :)
A few facts about Bulgaria:
- Location: South-eastern Europe, bordering the Black Sea, between Romania and Turkey
- Terrain: Mostly mountains with lowlands in north and southeast
- Religions: Bulgarian Orthodox 82.6%, Muslim 12.2%, other Christian 1.2%, other 4% (2001 census)
- Language Groups: Bulgarian 84.5%, Turkish 9.6%, Roma 4.1%, other and unspecified 1.8% (2001 census)
- Occupied by the Ottoman Empire until 1885
- The town of Sapareva Banya has the hottest mineral water spring in Bulgaria.
- Bulgaria has around four thousand mapped caves.
- Varna, on the Black Sea, was a trading centre in ancient times. A cemetery, found in 1972, contained many gold and copper artifacts from around 4600 BC to 4200 BC.