Just a continuation of the cooking habits of my sister's family...Not to blame Laurie, of course, but that truly was the inspiration behind a tasty dish of octopai.
The menu for the evening (with renowned chefs, Boyar-Curt and Ruthie Crocker):
- Fried mackerel --the "only redeeming feature of the meal" --Mom
- Melon/Papaya smoothie (spiked with plenty of vodka to drown out the papaya taste)
- Rice with fresh melon salsa
- Boiled octopai avec les onions et les tomates
- Fried plantain banana with coconut milk (optional)
Just thought I'd warn you to look closely at your next plate of salad served up at the VD household --we've found a nice recipe for tarantula.
And speaking of tarantula, I've got some more relevant news. Matt is back on the blogging world, reporting from Honduras. Be sure to check up his update.
Also, my bestest friend Louise has a blog as well :)