Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Academia Schmacademia


A new academic year dawns, and I’m faced with the most daunting task university presents; e-paperwork, or more specifically, registrations. I have a theory; it doesn’t matter what your grades are, the amount of dedication you present, or the efforts you exert; discard it all, because colleges actually filter their students through massive amounts of bureaucratic anarchy. And on the other side of that mountain of verbosity sits a ghoulish dean, laughing and gloating...
Oh, don’t worry; this dark mood of mine will pass. But have a look at some of the course options proudly offered by McMaster:
WOMEN WRITERS
SPECTACULAR BODIES
THEORIES; GENDER&SEX
FEMINIST UTOPIAS
I’m noticing a theme... Oh yes! Sign me up, I’d love to be indoctrinated!!!

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Your sarcasm always makes me laugh. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope it gets better over time. I am looking forward to seeing you at the end of August. :)

Mark said...

nice drawing. I can see the evil glint

Anonymous said...

actually this is true. the evil dean's name is Clarence McFinneywigin and he's really just bitter enough about his name that he takes it out on college students....but you didn't hear it from me. ;)

you need to teach my cousin Mark how to pretty up his page a bit.

~Matt

Crystal said...

Oh I want to take Feminist Utopia (or whatever that one was called)! Please, please sign me up! Let me see, men do the dishes and change all the diapers...oh wait there won't be any diapers, well there might be but the men will have gone through labor and delivery, c-sections, etc...oh and laundry, I really don't like laundry. This will leave us time to do more imortant things like play with the kids after work, think, watch TV, pursue artistic pursuits, sit in bubble baths, etc. Ok I think I'll stop now...what are they thinking? I fear what the content of those classes are doing to the minds of my peers!