Once again, thanks all for your input! It’s amazing how all that you’ve said aligns so closely with what I’ve seen in the past few days, Coincidence? Rather, Divine Irony. I’m struck with God’s wisdom, timing and recurring humor :)... A few prime examples:
- A continuing-long-past-closing-time conversation with a co-worker regarding Greg Koukle’s “Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air” –love the title, watch the presentation
- A (relativist) friend of mine’s inability to declare murder immoral while remaining consistent with his personal beliefs
- My professor’s admission that there is no liberal basis on which to prohibit polygamy (and consequently, other sexual sins including pedophilia!)
- The Government has winked at polygamy in Canada: witness “Bountiful”, a polygamous community in Creston Valley, BC, and the theory that “Canada’s law banning polygamy [is] unconstitutional.”
- Attempts to normalize paedophilia is gaining acceptance in Canada (see theinquiry.ca). Or look at this site. A warning, it’s disturbing!
Firstly, homosexuality is “natural”; as natural as sin is:
- “Homosexuality… is not innate… Such an object choice is acquired behavior; there is no inevitable genetically inborn propensity toward the choice of a partner of either the same or opposite sex." (Charles Socarides, Homosexuality: Basic Concepts and Psychodynamics, International Journal of Psychiatry 10, 1972: 118-25) and more scientific proof
1. The legalization of homosexual marriage will quickly destroy the traditional family.
- Destruction of the sanctity of marriage
- The ultimate goal of homosexual lobbyists IS to destroy marriage ie. “Abolish Marriage: Let’s Really Get the Government Out of Our Bedrooms.” Michael Kinsley
- Instability; studies assert that homosexuals cycle through anywhere from 300-1000 partners in a lifetime
- One dad and one mom is still the best –confirmed by more than 10,000 studies
Bible Believers offers a clear, blunt synopsis on the Bible’s condemnation of homosexuality.
But this post is becoming horrendously long... :S As Ralph, Ethan, Mark, and others have clearly shown; same-sex marriage is only a symptom of the greater plague –relativism, and ultimately the wholesale rejection of God. The onus is on relativists to provide a “replacement” for the standard they’ve discarded that they may limit the evil they’ve occasioned, the onus is on them to provide a foundation for “rights” when they acknowledge no wrongs. What is left for us to prove? God’s terrifying justice and His complete forgiveness.